NTEA extensions for uid/gid
Ronald Landheer-Cieslak
ronald@landheer.com
Fri Jan 24 19:06:00 GMT 2003
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 04:51:31PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > However, shouldn't the -E option have changed the mode of the "world"
> > file? My mount table shows "noexec" for /home and "world" is still
> > executable - as is the "doe" file I just created with Explorer, but not
> > the "john" file I `touch`ed.
>
> This has nothing to do with each other. The mount -E flag doesn't
> influence the permission bits.
Then what is it supposed to do? I mean, if the man page says it makes
Cygwin "treat all files under the mount point as non-executables" that
would have an effect on the execute-permission bits, right?
Either that, or the manpage is slightly confusing (at least to me)
> Create a new directory with mkdir at some point, this new dir should
> behave slightly different. Create a file in that dir with touch and
> another file with explorer. Post the output of
>
> getfacl new-dir
> getfacl new-dir/touched-file
> getfacl new-dir/exlorer-file
>
> please.
>
> Thanks,
> Corinna
I created the dir in my home (which is under the `mount -E`). I've
attached the output of getfacl.
Greetz!
rlc
-------------- next part --------------
getfacl new-dir
# file: new-dir
# owner: RLandheer
# group: Aucun
user::rwx
group::r-x
mask:rwx
other:r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:other:r-x
getfacl new-dir/touched-file
# file: new-dir/touched-file
# owner: RLandheer
# group: Aucun
user::rw-
group::r--
mask:rwx
other:r--
getfacl new-dir/explorer-file
# file: new-dir/explorer-file
# owner: Administrateurs
# group: Aucun
user::rwx
group::r-x
mask:rwx
other:r-x
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list