NTEA extensions for uid/gid

Mon Jan 27 13:51:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:19:47PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > This has nothing to do with each other.  The mount -E flag doesn't
> > influence the permission bits.
> Then what is it supposed to do? I mean, if the man page says it makes

It handles the way executables are recognized.  There's a mechanism in
Cygwin, trying to find out whether a file is exacutable or not, regardless
of permission settings (e.g. on FAT filesystems).  Having a .exe suffix
is one of them.  -X treats all files as executable, -E treats no file as
executable.  It speeds up processing of large /bin dirs etc.

Looks as expected.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.