gcc linking

David Meggy dmeggy@techsol.ca
Mon Jan 27 20:11:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've run into some difficulties with gcc/ld on the latest cygwin
(downloaded friday).  Below is an example.

$ cat prog.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
 char ** string;
 asprintf(string, "Sfsdf");
 return 0; }

david@DURON1000 ~
$ gcc -O2 prog.c -o prog

david@DURON1000 ~
$ ./prog.exe

When I run the program I get a message from MS-Windows titled "prog.exe
- Entry Point Not Found", with the following message "The procedure
entry point asprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library
cygwin1.dll."

That leaves with a couple questions.  Why does it let me link the
program if asprintf doesn't exist?

I'm trying to compile a gcc cross compiler.  I also reach this error
while running my compiled arm-linux-gcc.  The gcc configure script looks
for asprintf by attempting a link.  Which program is buggy?

Thanks
David

--
     David Meggy