Problem on can't locate in DLL cygwin1.dll
Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)
garbage_collector@telia.com
Fri Jul 4 11:07:00 GMT 2003
> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Jiang zhou
>
> These days I find that many program under cygwin can't run. For
> example, if
> I run startx it will prompt a say don't know to locate getpwnam_r at
> cygwin1.dll. When I configue a packet it also occur this prompt again and
> maybe a different function.
>
> Can some one tell me why?
Most of the time this problem is caused by having an *OLD* cygwin1.dll
hanging around.
Cause: You have either not done any recent updates, or you had some cygwin
stuff still running at the last time you did.
Try running update.exe and let it finish _while NOT running cygwin stuff_.
If that doesn't help, check http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html and follow
the instructions there.
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, 59~14'N, 17~12'E
~ <=> degree
--
--END OF MESSAGE--
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list