cygwin 1.5.0 coming - 64 bit file I/O and more

Markus Schönhaber mks99@t-online.de
Fri Jul 4 20:30:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'm about to release cygwin 1.5.0.  We've bumped the version to
> 1.5.0 because of some major changes in functionality - cygwin now
> uses 64 bit file I/O by default.
>
> This was a substantial effort on the part of Corinna Vinschen who
> deserves major kudos for her work (which was entirely volunteered).
> Corinna deserves five gold stars for this work.  It *really* was not
> an easy task.
>
> Anyway, expect a testing version of 1.5.0 soon.  Just to whet your
> appetite a little, [...]

You definitely did wet my appetite a lot. And I guess it is high time to
say the big "thank you" I owe to the contributors to cygwin who made it
invaluable to me. Thanks to all of you for your efforts and work.

> So, barring any problems, expect a test (aka Exp) version of the
> cygwin DLL soon.

Since you are going to release a test version, I guess this test version
is intended, well, for testing. So, if I am told what especially needs
testing, maybe I can do a thing or two.

Regards
   mks