help running tftpd under winXP
Rajesh Gottlieb
rajesh_gottlieb@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 02:52:00 GMT 2003
Ok here's what I had to do to get the tftp daemon running.
I want to serve files from /tftpboot so I added that bit to the line in
inetd.conf. Then I had to install inetd as a service and start it. I had to
look at inetd source to find the -i option to install it as a service. There's
also a -r option to remove it as well. Installing as a service could have
probably been done with /usr/bin/cygrunsrv
Anyway here's my transcript:
$ grep tftp /etc/inetd.conf
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/in.tftpd in.tftpd /tftpboot
$ /usr/sbin/inetd.exe -i
$ net start inetd
The CYGWIN inetd service is starting.
The CYGWIN inetd service was started successfully.
Now for a quick test - get a file:
$ pwd
/tmp
$ cat /tftpboot/testfile.txt
Mostly empty test file
$ tftp localhost
tftp> get testfile.txt
Received 24 bytes in 0.3 seconds
tftp> quit
$ cat testfile.txt
Mostly empty test file
When I first tried to test this I made the mistake of being in the /tftpboot
directory and tftp'ing a file onto itself. It ended up wiping out the original
and replacing it with a zero byte file of the same name...
Raj
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list