Does cygwin do "find" a little bit differently?

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Tue Jul 8 16:55:00 GMT 2003


On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Steve wrote:

> Hi;
> I am on windows 2000 with cygwin.
> My apologies if this isn't a cygwin issue.
>
> I tried using find in cygwin with some examples from various
> documentation on the command.
>
> I kept getting the same error messages.  I was wondering if the cygwin
> syntax was a bit different.
>
> This is what I tried:
>
> bash-2.05b$ pwd
> /cygdrive/c/CUP/VRC
> bash-2.05b$ find . -name "errors.txt" -print
> FIND: Parameter format not correct
> bash-2.05b$
>
> Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this is not a cygwin issue
> Steve

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC42>
	Igor
-- 
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@watson.ibm.com
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster."  -- Patrick Naughton


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list