Backing up cygwin

Luciano lucianoav@gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 17:24:00 GMT 2003

>>Now, why not store these things in goold old fuzzy and warm text
>>files? Registry sucks, and it sucks badly.

>You seem to be missing the point that you shouldn't be worrying
>about where such things as the mount table are stored.  Just use
>'mount -m'.

No, I guess you miss my point. Especially considering I didn't make
it quite clear. I have a backup system in place. It knows which files
to copy, where they are and where to put them back when needed. That
involves many .ini files, so I can restore programs and don't have to
reconfigure them. The use of 'mount -m' is no big deal, but it's not
so easy (automatic) to handle as merely hauling files.

> It's really just sheer coincidence that cygwin works at all.
> It's real job is just to royally piss people off with little
> things like storing values in the registry and making it hard to
> use network shares over ssh.

What??? There are obstacles in the way of using network shares over
ssh too??? Damn it, you can't do anything right, can you?

--
Luciano ES
<lucianoav@ggmmxx.nneett>