ssh with keys to Cygwin/Openssh on Windows XP

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Mon Jul 14 17:07:00 GMT 2003


Todd Bowden wrote:

> Jeffery,
> 
> I think your permissions are still not correct.  I too have a winXP
> system running ssh under cygwin.  My permissions are not owned by
> SYSTEM:SYSTEM under my home directory, they are owned by me.  Glad to
> see you got it working, but I think it's a work around.  I would suggest
> reinstalling and check out this website for install directions.
> http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html  I have followed these many
> times without any problems.

tech.erdelynet.com is not affiliated with cygwin.com so we really
shouldn't be recommending that folks visit that site, at least not
without a disclaimer regarding the information found there.  Something
as simple as, "We don't maintain this site and have no control over the
information contained there.  Please refer any questions about or
issues resulting from the use of information at this site to the site's
owner(s) and not cygwin.com."  I'm not picking on tech.erdelynet.com here.
I'm sure it's a fine site.  We just don't want to give people on this list
the impression that any site on the Web with information about Cygwin is
a valid source of information and one that this list supports.


-- 
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746


#################################################################
#################################################################
#################################################################
#####
#####
#####
#################################################################
#################################################################
#################################################################

#################################################################
#################################################################
#################################################################
#####
#####
#####
#################################################################
#################################################################
#################################################################

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list