How to get sigwait()?

Attila Szegedi szegedia@freemail.hu
Tue Jul 15 22:04:00 GMT 2003

This is kind of follow-up to my question about _POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS:

what is (is there?) the proper way to get compiled some code under Cygwin
(originally written for Linux) that uses the sigwait() function? I first
naively thought that defining _POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS is enough to
conditionally compile relevant parts in /usr/include/sys/signal/h. Then it
turned out that if I define _POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS, I must also define
__rtems__ to trigger conditional compilation of the siginfo_t struct.

Now, this rings the alarm bells in my head. Am I really supposed to define a
symbol indicating that the compilation target is an embedded RTOS when I
want to have the code compiled for Windows? If not, what is the solution? Is
there any?

Thanks in advance for any responses
Cheers,
  Attila.