where can I get info on commercial version of cygwin

H. Henning Schmidt hhschmidt@gmx.net
Wed Jul 16 06:02:00 GMT 2003


Hi,
I am planning to use the cygwin1.dll in a project for a customer who 
does not allow the publishing of their own source codes. I do not want 
to discuss the brilliance of this rule here. But AFAIK the licensing 
model for the free version of cygwin (GPL) would require exactly that 
(publishing all source code that makes use of the cygwin1.dll ... right?)
So I need to at least evaluate where I could get a commercial license 
for cygwin1.dll from and at what price. I have tried to contact the 
redhat sales channels in various ways, but never got a reply whatsoever.
While this mailing list might not be primarily concearned with this 
issue, I am hoping that someone might be able to give me a hint/contact 
where to start asking. Perhaps even a rough idea about the price. I 
really need no support or anything. All I want is the right to 
distribute a proprietary SW-application and cygwin1.dll as part of that. 
I am happy to supply the cygwin source-tarballs also, but I can't supply 
the proprietary code that makes up the rest of the app.

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thanks,
;Henning

-- 
H. Henning Schmidt
email: henning@hhschmidt.de




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list