user accounts and moving cygwin

David Sharp david.m.sharp@btopenworld.com
Thu Jul 17 01:30:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

A couple of questions.... I wanted root privleges on my user account
within cygwin, so I simply changed the user and group numbers in
/etc/passwd to 0:0. Now, I have set up SSHD to allow for remote logins,
I would prefer user account privlages. How do I go about setting up a
root user and changing my user account to non-root again?

Also, I have cygwin installed on my system partition, which has limited
space. I want to move it to the D: drive since it has far more space
allocated. Can I just move the c:\cygwin folder?

Thanks for all your help.

Dave