Problem: CVS cannot work properly in SSH shell

Sat Jul 19 14:58:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 05:17:00AM -0700, Neophytos Neophytou wrote:
> $ ssh fytos@localhost "cvs -d /home/fytos/cvs checkout
> CVSROOT"
> fytos@localhost's password:
> cvs [checkout aborted]: /home/fytos/cvs/CVSROOT: No
> such file or directory
> [...]
> $ export CVSROOT=:ext:fytos@localhost:/home/fytos/cvs
> $ cvs checkout CVSROOT
> fytos@localhost's password:
> cvs [server aborted]: /home/fytos/cvs: no such
> repository

Works for me in all three scenarios.  Check the permissions of the files.
Is fytos the owner?  Does fytos have read/write access to /home/fytos/cvs?
/etc/passwd and /etc/group correct?  Normal login with ssh working?

> Following are the versions of involved programs.
> Please post the relevant commands if more info is
> required to further investigate this.
> $ uname
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1

Not helpful.   If the above doesn't help, attach clear text output of
`cygcheck -svr' to your mail according to http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.