perl with cygwin 1.5 doesn't fly.
Gerrit P. Haase
gp@familiehaase.de
Sun Jul 20 01:29:00 GMT 2003
Hallo,
I'm getting strange errors when I compile Perl 5.8 with Cygwin 1.5,
well, miniperl.exe compiles, but then the first simple tests break:
1. This as script executed with miniperl.exe:
%module = ( cygwin => 'Cygwin' );
$module = $module{$^O} || 'Unix';
print "$module\n";
gives what is expected:
$ ./miniperl ./minitest.pl
Cygwin
2. If I change the script now to be:
my %module = ( cygwin => 'Cygwin' );
$module = $module{$^O} || 'Unix';
print "$module\n";
I get:
$ ./miniperl ./minitest.pl
Unix
3. And if a second 'my' is added:
my %module = ( cygwin => 'Cygwin' );
my $module = $module{$^O} || 'Unix';
print "$module\n";
I get:
$ ./miniperl ./minitest.pl
What is wrong with 'my' on Cygwin 1.5?
Gerrit
--
=^..^=
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list