ImageMagick

Billinghurst, David (CRTS) David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com
Tue Jul 22 08:51:00 GMT 2003

ImageMagick-5.5.3 builds out of the box for me with shared libraries, and I have
been using it for months without problem.

I did re-autotool it before I built, but I am not sure if that is required

  libtoolize --copy --force && \
  aclocal && \
  automake && \
  autoconf

I then configured with

  ${srcdir}/configure  \
  --srcdir=${srcdir} --prefix=${prefix} \
  --exec-prefix=${prefix} --sysconfdir=${sysconfdir} \
  --libdir=${prefix}/lib --includedir=${prefix}/include \
  --libexecdir='${sbindir}' --localstatedir=/var \
  --datadir='${prefix}/share'  \
  --enable-shared --disable-static \
  --disable-largefile --without-frozenpaths \
  --with-magick-plus-plus --without-perl -without-wmf

 o perl works, but I was going to put together a cygwin distribution
 o libwmf works too, but isn't distributed with cygwin

Output from configure is given below.  The

ImageMagick is configured as follows. Please verify that this
configuration matches your expectations.

Host system type : i686-pc-cygwin

Option            Configure option              Configured value
$
Static libraries  --enable-static=no            no
GNU ld            --with-gnu-ld=yes             yes
LZW support       --enable-lzw=no               no
Quantum depth     --with-quantum-depth=16       16

Delegate Configuration:
BZLIB             --with-bzlib=yes              yes
DPS               --with-dps=yes                yes
FlashPIX          --with-fpx=yes                no
FreeType 2.0      --with-ttf=yes                yes
Ghostscript       None                          gs
Ghostscript fonts --with-gs-font-dir=default    /usr/X11R6/share/ghostscript/fonts/
Ghostscript lib   --with-gslib=yes              no
JBIG              --with-jbig=yes               yes
JPEG v1           --with-jpeg=yes               yes
JPEG v2           --with-jp2=yes                no
LCMS              --with-lcms=yes               no
Magick++          --with-magick-plus-plus=yes   yes
PERL              --with-perl=no                no
PNG               --with-png=yes                yes
TIFF              --with-tiff=yes               yes
Windows fonts     --with-windows-font-dir=      none
WMF               --with-wmf=no                 no
X11               --with-x=                     yes
XML               --with-xml=yes                yes
ZLIB              --with-zlib=yes               yes

X11 Configuration:
  X_CFLAGS     = -I/usr/X11R6/include
  X_PRE_LIBS   = -lSM -lICE
  X_LIBS       = -L/usr/X11R6/lib
  X_EXTRA_LIBS =

Options used to compile and link:
  CC       = gcc
  CFLAGS   = -O2 -Wall
  CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libpng12
 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/usr/include/libxml2
  CXX      = g++
  CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
  LDFLAGS  = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib
  LIBS     = -ljbig -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ldpstk -ldps -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 -lz -lgdi32 -lpthread -lm