How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Wed Jul 23 18:50:00 GMT 2003

Richard Anderson wrote:

> So this is a know issue? Seems like non-standard behavior for a Windows app.
> All Windows apps that I know of catch the shutdown interrupt, clean up their
> data structures and exit gracefully.  Is there some reason why Cygwin can't
> do this?

Let's turn the question around.  Are you interested in implementing and
submitting a patch to do this?  I'm sure folks here would be willing to
discuss the viability of such functionality in the context of a patch
to implement it.

Holliston, MA 01746