How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

Markus Schönhaber mks99@t-online.de
Thu Jul 24 09:28:00 GMT 2003

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> There is such a mechanism on Win2k.  I don't think there is one on Win9x.
> This thread seems to indicate that there isn't one on WinXP, either, at
> least not for shutdown messages.
> 	Igor

I don't see any difference in the behaviour on W2k and WinXP. As Richard
stated on the other thread, clicking the window's close button on WinXP
does end bash (or python) - logging off doesn't. On W2k the behaviour is
the same (just tried that too).

Regards
   mks