Backspace problem on VMS

Hai Hong hdhong@hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 01:23:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

   I'm having a problem in which the backspace doesn't work as it should
when I telnet into a VMS machine while I'm in an xterm session.   Instead of
deleting the character, my cursor jump to the beginning of the line.   The
DELETE key doesn't work either.   I've checked an made sure that my TERM
environment is set to VT100, which is what I used in the Windows program
SecureCRT without any problem.   Also, I don't have any problem telnetting
into a Unix machine.   Is there anything that I should do to make it work?
  I've been Googling both the Web and newsgroup and couldn't anything
regarding this issue.

-Thanks!