missing exported function from cygwin1.dll

H Q thermalhorizon@hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 01:49:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've looked through all the faqs and have searched the archives, but I can't
find a resolution.  I downloaded cygwin 1.3.22-1 along with several other
binaries from the cygwin site using setup.exe.  I have the current versions
of everything.  Vim and tcsh would not work, with an error indicating that
the executable file is linked to a missing cygwin1.dll exported function.
Cygwin1.dll is where it is supposed to be, so I don't think it's a problem
with vim or tcsh not being able to point to the library.

Otherwise cygwin runs fine, including BASH commands as well as utilities
such as ed and awk.

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed cygwin 1.3.22-1; no dice.

The /etc/profile file has the appropriate path defined, /bin, /usr/bin,
/usr/local/bin.  Cygwin1.dll is in /bin where / is the root cygwin
directory.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks