1.5.1: unzip problems with binary files in archive

Tue Jul 29 09:00:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Can't duplicate it.  Sorry.
>>
>>I've since discovered that it has to do with the size of the .zip file,
>>not the contents.  Seems like things work for files <= 8k and fail for
>>larger files.
>

> I don't understand.  You provided a test case.  I ran the test case.
> It did not fail for me.

I --can-- duplicate it.  But I don't know why it happens; I'll have to
debug it...but not until after I update to 1.5.1.  FWIW, zip does use
fdopen().

However, I've just suffered a catastrophic server failure on my home
network (server's dead), so it may take a while.  It's time to go
shopping...

--
Chuck