linking with non-cygwin dll

vikramshrowty@yahoo.com vikramshrowty@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 02:41:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
	I had posted a query earlier about a cygwin program linking
with a non-cygwin dll. Based on the very helpful responses and some googling
around, I learnt that this is possible. But...

heres a main.c that links with cygwin1.dll

int main(void)
{
  printf("CYGWIN\n");
  test_dll();
  return(0);
}

where test_dll is in a dll compiled with -mno-cygwin and is defined
like this...

__declspec(dllexport) __stdcall void test_dll(void)
{
  printf("MSFT %d\n",i);
  fflush(stdout);
}

This works perfectly. But, notice the fflush. If this is removed,
"MSFT" doesnt get printf'ed. I assuming that this is because the
stdout buffer in the microsoft c-library isnt getting flushed
automatically at program exit.

Any ideas on why?? ..and how to remedy this??

--Vikram