A problem with glut in cygwin

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Wed Jun 4 14:44:00 GMT 2003

Amikam Liss <amikaml at netvision dot net dot il> wrote:

>Hi, I have a problem with glut, I will be happy if someone can help me:
>I have Windows98, I installed cygwin yesterday.
>I wrote a small progam in OpenGL using glut.
>I compiled the program with this command: (the program - triangle.c)
>gcc triangle.c -o triangle -lOpenGL32 -lGLU32 -lglut32 (I linked with the
>libraries of windows)

The correct order is (as written in /usr/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt):
-lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

>Now when I run the executable triangle.exe, the program is running ok (a
>rotated trinagle), but when I close the
>window, the programm hangs, the file triangle.exe  doesn't finish to run.
>This is the call stack:
>Cannot access memory at address 0x83941fec
>
>The main function:
>
>int main(int argc,char *argv[])
>{
>glutInit(&argc,argv);
>glInit();
>glutMainLoop();
>return 0;
>}

Your main is wrong. A minimalist GLUT program is:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#include
<GL/glut.h>

void display_func()
{
/* Do some drawing here */
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutCreateWindow("Hello GLUT!");
glutDisplayFunc(display_func);
glutMainLoop();
return 0;
}

>What I can do to solve the problem?
>Thank you
>Amikam Liss

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
package to cygwin@cygwin.com .