glui.h compilation prb

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Thu Jun 5 14:18:00 GMT 2003

"Zieg, Mark" <mark dot zieg at lmco dot com> wrote:

>Andre,
>
>I just came across your post regarding GLUI and gcc2/3 under Cygwin:
>

><http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/27178/match=glui>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/27178/match=glui
>
>Thank you for clarifying that.
>
>Do you have any idea when the OpenGL package will be updated, and we can use
>GLUI under gcc3?

There are some issues that need to be solved before I update that package. See:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00252.html

I didn't receive any answer yet regarding those issues.

>Also, are there any hazards to using OpenGL and GLUT with gcc3 under Cygwin?
>I've been doing that for many months, without any observable problems.

GLUT, GLU, and OpenGL 1.1 programs should compile and link without problem
with both gcc-3 and gcc-2.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
package to cygwin@cygwin.com .