Problem Running Apache through Cygwin

Elfyn McBratney elfyn@is.ubertales.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 20:36:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Sergio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the latest cygwin build, I downloaded it off the net a week ago. This
> is my first install of Apache.  I think I have done everything correctly
> regarding configuration, yet I still can't view documents through apache.  I
> have set the ServerName to 127.0.0.1 and port to 80.  The error log shows
> the following:
>
> [...]
> I am running Apache via /usr/sbin/apachectl start
>
> It gives me the following response
>
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
>
> But still I can not connect to http://127.0.0.1:80
>
> Very strange problem.  Any help GREATRLY appreciated!

Sergio,

Apache is kinda broken at the moment until Cygwin 1.5.0 is released (not too far
away). If your on NT (4.0/2000/XP) you should be able to get up and running with
cygrunsrv (see /usr/doc/Cygwin/apache-1.3.24-5.README) but I doubt it'll be for
long.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney (mailto:spambot@is.ubertales.co.uk)