cygwin autoconf produces configure scripts with CR/LF

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 17 00:11:00 GMT 2003

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Makino schrieb:
>

>>Is it possible to provide some tentative solutions for cygwin distributions
>>of automake/autoconf packages, e.g. inserting "PERLIO=stdio; export PERLIO"
>>to the automake/autoconf scripts?
>

> No, I'll fix perl as soon as possible to default to the 'old' behaviour,
> that is: to write what you expect it to write.
>
> Anyway, you can write some wrappers yourself, do s.th. like this:
>
> $ cp /bin/autoconf /bin/autoconfwrapper
>
> $ joe autoconf
>
> #! /bin/sh
> export PERLIO=perlio
> /bin/autoconfwrapper $@

I don't know if that's necessary, Gerritt.  Takaki was using 5.8.0-2 --
and I saw similar behavior with 5.8.0-2 (but I only noticed yesterday).
  OTOH, after upgrading to 5.8.0-3 (and WITHOUT putting PERLIO=perlio in
my environment), I see "normal" behavior.

--Chuck