ftp, anonymous login...

Jason Fu tsfu@graduate.hku.hk
Tue Jun 17 15:24:00 GMT 2003

I've done what you say:

I made ftp a member of users group and changed the proftpd.conf as described
by you but still have the same result and of course this time even nobody
could not work as an anonymous a/c either but still all other user a/c work as
before.

Since I've got no other version of Windows but Server 2003, what platform are
you using?

Regards,

Jason

Jason,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:57:53PM +0800, Jason Fu wrote:
> That is, I could have an a/c called nobody for anonymous ftp (no
> password needed). I could not use ftp://ftp@phoenix but
> ftp://nobody@phoenix in IE only (Netscape 7.02 doesn't work either).
>
> Any idea?

Create a Windows account called "ftp" and edit your /etc/proftpd.conf as
follows:
    <Anonymous ~ftp>
      User				ftp
      Group				users