cygipc semaphores not persistent?

Mark Paulus mark.paulus@mci.com
Thu Jun 19 18:48:00 GMT 2003

Are you running the ipcdaemon process?  At one time
the cygipc libraries required the ipcdaemon process
to manage the global objects.  I thought I read something
that the ipc-daemon is going away, and being incorporated
into the cygwin architecture, but I did not gather that it had
happened yet.  That may be a misunderstanding on my
part however.