Output suppressed with ssh or telnet

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Fri Jun 27 22:50:00 GMT 2003

Marco Marcantelli wrote:

>      when I'm in telnet or ssh and run Dos programs like Word Star, Norton
> Commander or a Cobol run-time for dos, I do not receive any Output, but
> the programs are running !! If i try in local the programs works well.

Those old DOS apps don't use stdin/stdout but rather they write directly
to the screen buffer (or use BIOS calls.)  That was how things were done
in the old days, because no one really had any notion of remote access
in DOS.  You'll have to use a specialized program such as PC Anywhere
that can intercept the BIOS interrupts and/or virtualize the screen
buffer and cope with those old programs.

Brian