Processes are unable to fully discard their controlling terminal

Pierre A. Humblet pierre.humblet@ieee.org
Mon Mar 3 02:34:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 06:50:26PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:43:28PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >>setsid()
> >
> >I think I see the problem.  It will be tricky to fix but I'll see what I can
> >do.
>
> I've checked in some changes that seem to fix the reported behavior.
>
> Does the current snapshot rectify this behavior?

Now when I start inetd on WinME a DOS Windows pops up.
FYI inetd.c contains Cygwin specific code calling AllocConsole().
Perhaps it interacts with your changes.

Pierre