Processes are unable to fully discard their controlling terminal

Pierre A. Humblet pierre.humblet@ieee.org
Mon Mar 3 04:00:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:34:17PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:15:30PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> >>I've checked in some changes that seem to fix the reported behavior.
> >>
> >>Does the current snapshot rectify this behavior?
> >
> >Now when I start inetd on WinME a DOS Windows pops up.
>
> That would be because the console is now truly deallocated, as it was
> supposed to be.  So an AllocConsole allocates a new console.

Did you just make Corinna's day?

Also, I just started gdb -nw (first time I use the latest version)
from rxvt and it popped up a DOS Window I had never seen before.
Then I opened another rxvt, started gdb -nw, no DOS window.
Tried a few more times but didn't see a pattern (WinME).

About the sshd warning, shouldn't fhandler_console::open
take the O_NOCTTY flag into account? I admit I know next
to nothing about ttys.

Pierre