sudo and runas

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Mon Mar 3 22:52:00 GMT 2003

Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Jon,
>
> How about describing the symptoms?

I gotta remember the verbage of that one. Short, sweet and to the point.
It never ceases to amaze me how many times people ask for help stating
that what they tried didn't work but totally lacking of any of the
details of the problem (like what exactly they tried, error messages,
example output, what they expected and what they got, etc). I usually
use the semi smart assed question of: What was your first indication
that it failed? But yours is shorter, more to the point and perhaps a
little less smart assed. It still gets me though how prevelent it is for
people to say they have a problem but neglects to give any details.

(I must be getting mean :-)