apt-get (was Re: setup.exe: ... )

Robert Citek rwcitek@alum.calberkeley.org
Thu Mar 6 00:47:00 GMT 2003

Hello Robert,

At 07:16 AM 3/6/2003 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Not that I'm aware of. I really need to refresh the dpkg port in cygwin
>at some point.
>
>I had foolishly hoped that porting it would encourage the debian folks
>who had been so keen on getting apt etc going to contribute apt, debconf
>etc.

What would need to be done to get apt-get ported?  Could you provide some
pointers of where you think a good starting point for background reading is?

>At least I can build debs for cygwin though.

Conceptually, how does that work?  Do you take a cygwinn tar.gz file and
convert it to deb?  Then to install the cygwin .deb package you would use
dpkg, correct?

Regards,
- Robert