trouble installing mod_php4

James Moreland james.moreland@enotrac.com
Thu Mar 6 12:40:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Chenglim Ear wrote:

 > I'm using Windows 2000 and I've successfully installed and started apache on
 > cygwin.  After I installed the mod_php4 package, I get the following error
 > when starting apache:
 >
 > Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
 > Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 193

I had exactly the same problem.

 > I've tried rebaseall and manually rebasing all the dlls based on
 > instructions in:
 >
 > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-02/msg00525.html
 >
 > Nothing seems to work.  Anybody had this problem before?
 >
 > Chenglim.

When I compared my results of the rebase command with those posted by Uwe
Mayer (see link above), I noticed a discrepancy in the results of rebasing
pq.dll. Also, after I had rebased pq.dll, postgresql no longer worked.
So, I restored pq.dll from the original postgresql download,
postgresql-7.3.2-1.tar.bz2.
The I removed pq.dll from the rebase list and ran rebase again.
Now both postgresql works correctly and apache will now load.

I hope this helps.

Jim Moreland

James Moreland  BSc CEng MIEE
ENOTRAC UK Limited
Times House, Throwley Way, Sutton, Surrey, England SM1 4AF
Phone: +44 20 8770 3501
Email:  james.moreland@enotrac.com      Web: www.enotrac.com
Registered in England no. 2766532. Registered office: As above.