setup.exe is too small

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Fri Mar 7 22:00:00 GMT 2003

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>
>> OK - I'll write up a web page detailing how to use various aspects of
>> setup, IF you will make the chooser resizable for me.
>
> That sentence is incredibly antagonistic.

Sorry you feel that way but I said it because I mean it. Obviously you
don't believe me. What do you need to convince you?

>> I don't have a spare $20 to put into a pool but I'll put in my vote.
>> Is that good enough? :-)
>
> No. As evidenced by the *many* people who have brought this issue up
> time and again.

You obviously don't read smileys either...

>> Isn't one of the tenents of Open Source that the developer typically
>> prides themselves on their code and therefore is quicker to fix bugs
>> and address problems in their products?
>
> Pride does not produce extra hours in the day.

Thanks for the comfirmation of one of the problems with Open Source.

>> You see to me this is one of the falacys of the Open Source movement
>> - that the producers will care enough and have enough time to address
>> such problems. As we can see this is not always the case. From the
>> view point of the consumer Open Source is often not workable.
>
> You are welcome to stop using Cygwin, if you so wish.

Thanks for the invitation but I believe I will do as I please instead.