cygwin/1.3.20-1 bash child process disassociation behavior weirdness

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sat Mar 8 00:07:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> An unfortunate consequence of how Windows handles console windows.
> >
> > This works for me:
> >
> > nohup sleep 30 </dev/null >foo 2>&1&
> >
> > at least with the latest version of cygwin...
>
> Doesn't work for me, running self-built cvs HEAD cygwin dll.
>
> By doesn't work, I mean:
> I copy-paste the exact command above
> I Ctrl-D
> Bash exits, but the comsole window remains for 30 seconds.
>
> Max.

Could be a CYGWIN=tty issue...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune