1.3.20: cdda2wav -paranoia crashes 2000/XP

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Mon Mar 10 17:41:00 GMT 2003

Frederick,

I confirmed the cdda2wav-induced hang on my Windows 2K Pro (SP3 and all
patches and driver updates currently available installed). The CD drive
in my case is on the IDE bus and is the only hardware on an IDE bus in
this system.

The symptoms was a "hang" (mouse stopped tracking and all system
activity apparently stopped, too). The system did not blue-screen. I
can't be sure of the exact timing because I wasn't looking at the modem
when I executed the command, but I think the modem hung up the line at
the same time.

I'm running Cygwin 1.20 and this cdda2wav:

% cdda2wav -version
cdda2wav version 1.11a40_cygwin32_nt_1.3.15(0.63-3-2)_i686_i686

Captured output of "cygcheck -s -r -v" is attached. My current
directory was /cygdrive/h, the only FAT volume on my system (I chose
that volume because it's purpose is to hold CD images or file sets
before writing them to a CD).

Randall Schulz