cygwinized XSL processor? (or sed for path transform?)

Tom Roche Tom_Roche@pobox.com
Tue Mar 11 22:45:00 GMT 2003

Is there a cygwinized XSL processor? What I mean, why I ask:

Occasionally I need to strip cruft out of a bunch (~1k) of xml files.
Since they're distributed throughout a filesystem, and some additional
processing is required, I use a bash script to get the input files.
Feeding them to the processor should be trivial, but unfortunately the
only command-line XSL processors I know about are Instant Saxon (from

) and Xalan (from

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/

). Instant Saxon is native windows, which is nice for this
application, except that it chokes on the cygwin paths emitted by my
script. Running Xalan from the commandline (like

) would involve running a java, which (I suspect) would also choke on
cygwin paths. As a result, my script does a lot of path translations
like

cygpath="/g/eclipse/builds/20030311_1000-WB210-AD-V51D-W2/eclipse/plugins"
winpath="g:\\eclipse\\builds\\20030311_1000-WB210-AD-V51D-W2\\eclipse\\plugins"

and it doesn't iterate over the paths. (Not a big deal, but it offends
my software aesthetics :-)

If I had a cygwinized XSL processor I wouldn't hafta do this. Does
anyone know where I can get one?

Alternatively, if I had more sed chops, I could script the path
transformation, but I don't know how to do that either. (Could someone
tell me how to do that?)