cygwin 1.3.20-1 - strange problems with long command lines in nt4

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Thu Mar 13 00:01:00 GMT 2003

Igor,

At 15:24 2003-03-12, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Willis, Matthew wrote:

> > which will run when I pass long arguments using bash.exe as my shell. I can
> > also pass long arguments to this program under cmd.exe. The only difference
> > seems to be that bash.exe fully expands argv[0] to the full win32 path name
> > and cmd.exe leaves it as myecho.exe. In both cases I was able to
> use command
> > lines over 2000 bytes long without problems.
>
>Matt,
>
>Just got another idea.  See if this helps:
><http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#AEN733>

I believe the @argFileName syntax only works when a non-Cygwin program
invokes a Cygwin program.

I cannot make the example given in the user guide section you mention
work as shown (under BASH). It does work when run from CMD.exe.