JNI multiple String problem

Nicholas Burton nickb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 11:28:00 GMT 2003

Ronald

Yes I am lucky that you are working on JNI at the moment :^)
Thanks very much for your prompt and very helpful reply.

I tried the gcc -mrtd flag and it did cure the problem.

I am not sure if I am running in rxvt. Does that happen automatically
when you execute cygwin.bat (ie bash --login -i) by double clicking the
cygwin icon?

'java StringEx' works for me in the cygwin terminal and under cmd.exe

I tried the same program under linux and it ran OK without using the
-mrtd flag,
using gcc 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7).

Thanks for the info about releasing memory, --- (very strange).

--
Nick Burton
N.Burton@hgu.mrc.ac.uk