[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.21-1

Christopher Faylor cgf-cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Mar 13 17:16:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:48:33AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
><http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC> ;-)
>	Igor

Agh, no.  This isn't a PTC situation.

Requiring specific cygwin releases is not a path we want to go down.
How many times does it have to be said?  The cygwin1.dll name doesn't
change because it is supposed to always *work*.  If you require a
specific release you're making a mistake.

And, of course, you (wayne) know about the GPL, right?  If you do decide
to make a release based on an old version of cygwin, you'll have GPL
issues to consider.

cgf