Installing cygwin NOT from web

Ross Smith rosss@pharos.co.nz
Thu Mar 13 22:43:00 GMT 2003

> From: Robert Collins [mailto:rbcollins@cygwin.com]
>
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 07:59, Ross Smith wrote:
> > > From: Robert Collins [mailto:rbcollins@cygwin.com]

> > > looks only at what
> > > files you want in a
> > > Note: this will redownload everything, even if it is
> already in the
> > > cache.
> >
> > I'm confused. Isn't that exactly what Charles said? It ignores the
> > cache and re-downloads everything?
> No.
> Charles said that setup *ignores* the caches and skips what is
> installed.
> I said that setup will redownload what is in the cache.

I still don't understand the difference. He says it ignores the cache
and downloads it all again. You say it ignores the cache and downloads
it all again. Exactly the same thing.

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand

        "It's never too soon to start planning, and, in fact,
                it's usually too late." -- Chad Orzel