cygwin 1.3.21 breaks ssh terminal interaction

Rolf Campbell rcampbell@tropicnetworks.com
Fri Mar 14 16:03:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:48:40PM +0100, Loewis Martin von wrote:
>
>>After upgrading to the latest cygwin, ssh won't ask me
>>for a password anymore in the terminal window that WinCVS
>>1.3.12.1 opens. I have confirmed that this is the cause
>>of the problem by reverting cygwin to 1.3.20.
>>
>>The same happens when I run WinCVS' cvs.exe in a terminal
>>window.
>

> WFM with cvs from the Cygwin distro.
>
> Corinna

I'll speculate that this is the same problem that I've seen using Emacs.
  If everything is CygWin, then everything works just dandy.  But,
something happens when a cygwin program runs a non-cygwin program (or
vice-versa):  The launched app will disregard it's parent's "console"
and create it's own.

I've been trying to reproduce it with some relatively simple -mno-cygwin
app, but so far, I've been unable to make any progress.

-Rolf