rxvt and mouse wheel

Virginia Mann tuanglen@hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:01:00 GMT 2003

It appears that the version of rxvt installed by the Cygwin installer wasn't
compiled with wheel mouse support. Of course I may be mistaken and am just
doing something wrong.

I tried compiling it myself, but I'm pretty new to that sort of thing, and
even though I didn't use --with-x I still got errors that looked like it
couldn't find some X header files:

In file included from rxvt.c:1:
rxvtlib.h:46:73: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
In file included from rxvt.c:1:
rxvtlib.h:114: parse error before "Window"
rxvtlib.h:114: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
rxvtlib.h:115: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:116: parse error before "gc"
rxvtlib.h:116: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:117: parse error before '*' token
rxvtlib.h:117: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:118: parse error before '*' token
rxvtlib.h:118: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:119: parse error before '*' token
rxvtlib.h:119: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:120: parse error before '*' token
rxvtlib.h:120: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:121: parse error before "fontset"
rxvtlib.h:121: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:122: parse error before "pixmap"
rxvtlib.h:122: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:123: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:249: parse error before "Window"
rxvtlib.h:249: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
rxvtlib.h:250: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rxvtlib.h:261: parse error before "Window"

And so on.

I definitely like the more accurate terminal colors in rxvt compared to
Cygwin's "native" command window, but the native window respond to my
mousewheel and having to manually manipulate scrollbars after getting used
to just flipping the wheel with the cursor anywhere in the window is too
painful to use.

If there's an easy fix for rxvt, I'd love to hear it, but if not and I'm
right about mouse wheel support not being compiled in, maybe in the next
version of Cygwin it could be included.

Thanks.