[ANNOUNCEMENT] New release of setup.exe (2.249.2.10)

Markus Schönhaber mks99@t-online.de
Tue Mar 18 04:19:00 GMT 2003

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Cool, setup handles ntsec very well everywhere you have tried.
>
> The only problem so far is that of a non-privileged domain user answering
> Yes to the Run As pop up. He won't be included in /etc/passwd.
> I don't see how we can fix that.
>
> Thanks again for your help, Markus. There is one more thing though:
> can you see what happens if the domain user answers No to the pop up
> and runs setup as himself? I am particularly interested by what
> ls -l will show.

Same machine as last time (same machine as every time, James), previous
setup deleted, registry keys deleted, CYGWIN still unset, same steps
followed. Exception: setup.exe run under non-privileged domain user
account, left the "Install For" setting as proposed to "Just Me":
- /etc/passwd contains all local users plus the domain user who ran setup,
- /etc/group contains all local groups plus domain group 10513, "mkgroup_l_d",
- all files seem to have "kdall" (the domain user who ran setup) as owner
and "mkgroup_l_d" as group. Since I'm not sure what exactly you are
looking for, I have attached the ls -l output for /bin, /usr/bin and /etc,
- testchown:
$ ls -l testchown
-rw-rw-rw-    1 kdall    mkgroup_      106 Mar 18 00:34 testchown

$ cat testchown
uid=11170(kdall) gid=10513(mkgroup_l_d)
groups=545(Benutzer),1027(TerminalServiceUser),10513(mkgroup_l_d)

Regards
   mks