Building a .exe w/ no cygwin1.dll dependancy...

Tim Renner l0ci@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:49:00 GMT 2003

Does anybody know how to do this?  I've tried building my test program a
couple different ways

g++ -o pipetest pipetest.cc /usr/lib/libcygwin.a
g++ -o pipetest pipetest.cc -lcygwin

g++ -static -o pipetest pipetest.cc
g++ -static -o pipetest pipetest.cc -lcygwin

And no matter what, the resulting executable still depends on cygwin1.dll.

I would very much prefer not to have to force a completely static build
because I would like to allow the loading of shared libraries...  I just
want the C-runtime library provided by cygwin to be statically linked so
there is no dependancy on the .dll.  Here's my quick test program if anyone
would like to play with it...

Thanks,
-Tim

#include <string>