saving problem w/ postgresql

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Tue Mar 18 21:35:00 GMT 2003

Greg,

You may have better luck on the <pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org> list...

> We're using cygipc 1.11-1
> We are running a postgresql 7.2.1

Can you upgrade to the latest cygipc and PostgreSQL?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 01:54:44PM -0500, Greg Stanley-Horn wrote:
> Occasionally (perhaps twice a week) - users have reported that they
> are unable to "save" in the application. Cygwin has no errors on the
> console. A couple of other times, the same "saving" problem happened
> and cygwin was returning an error that read "unable to create ipc
> semaphores - device is full - this does not mean...".

Does a vacuum occur at the same time as the above problem?  Anything
interesting in the postmaster log file?

> We have played with the postgresql.conf file to adjust the buffers up
> and down - with no success.

This is unlikely to help under Cygwin.

> Does this scenario ring a bell with anyone?

Kind of.  The above problem seems to be similar to some posts on the
above mentioned mailing list -- try to searching the archives.

> Should I provide some additional information?
> I would greatly appreciate any help on this

I not sure if I can help more, but exact snippets from the log file is
usually helpful.

Jason