cygwin binary of lftp 2.6.5?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 02:52:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 02:12:37AM +0100, Huijing Zhou wrote:

>>>That's great, thank. I'm just wondering why my compile failed. I had a
>>>complete reinstallation of Cygwin (all packages) two days ago and still
>>>lftp 2.6.5 failed to compile.
>>
>>Make sure you're not building with gcc-mingw.  I think I was
>>doign that and was hitting lots of weird issues with various
>>Windows DLLs.  Removing the gcc-mingw package seems to fix the
>>problem.  I just did ./configure && make && make install.  No
>>errors.
>
>That's strange. I sure was not adding "--mno-cygwin" anywhere. But AFAIK
>compiling under Cygwin doesn't use the "win32 native" mode anyway. It
>shouldn't be necessary to *remove* the mingw package!?

Absolutely.  There is no reason why building with -mno-cygwin package
would have any effect on any Windows DLLs unless you attempt the
standard thinko of trying to mix cygwin and non-cygwin DLLs or
libraries.  You can't do this by default but if you add cygwin libraries
to the gcc command line you can get into trouble.

cgf