agetty problem win Win95 - BUG?

BB canofspam@att.net
Wed Mar 19 08:09:00 GMT 2003

Is there a known problem with Win9x serial io?

I built a new Win98 machine and installed the latest version of Cygwin on
it.  The problem described below occurs on Win98 also.  I don't think this
is an agetty problem.  It just shows up when agetty is used.

Is anyone using agetty with Win9x?

"BB" <canofspam@att.net> wrote in message
> I was having a problem using agetty on Win95 with a modem.  I tried with a
> null modem cable.  The same problem occurs. Could there be a problem with
> the icanon stty option on Win95?  This works fine running agetty on XP.
Is
> there any documentation of Cygwin's limitations on Win9x platforms?
>
> On Win95 I run "agetty -8 -N -1 -a 38400 ttys1".
>
> When I connect from WinXP, my input is echoed every second character.
Line
> terminating line feeds are processed only if they are the second of a pair
> of characters. The stty -a output looks ok,
>
> $ stty -a
> speed 38400 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0; intr = ^C; quit = ^\;
erase
> = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop
=
> ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1;
> time = 0; -parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb
cread -clocal -crtscts -ignbrk
> brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl
ixon -ixoff -iuclc