cygwin commands sometime hang on dual-processor (WinNT-SP5)

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Thu Mar 20 20:44:00 GMT 2003

Henrik Wist wrote:

> WindowsNT SP5. I'm seeing hangs on random commands (rm, cat, cut ...)
> when running my scripts. I searched Google already and it turned up a

What does Task Manager say about CPU usage when you get a hang?  Sometimes
'rm -r' will go into an infinite loop if it tries to remove an open file.
I am running a local patch to work around this.

You can download gdb and attach to a hung process and dump the stacks for
the various threads -- it would be interesting info.

See also the web page on debugging Cygwin problems -- there is standard
info that people on this list want to see.
--
Joe Buehler