Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Luc Hermitte hermitte@free.fr
Sat Mar 22 03:35:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

* On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:37:52PM -0800, Mike W. <mw487@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Funny you should mention that...  often noted but not
> yet answered...
>
> [list of similar issues on the ML]

And you can also add another recent link:
to your list ;-(

Just to remind that I also have this problem, my system beeing a
proffessional XP box (upgraded from Me). And that i have noticed that
this have repercutions on some native programs which are not able (then)
to work correctly.
Now, thanks to you Mike, I know that this seems linked to a limitation
with PID numbers.

Regarding Corina's remark, I speak for myself but I am quite certain
others will agree: I'd be pleased to know what is terribly wrong with my
system.

May be our PID numbers consumption is going very fast because we have
some "resident" programs like anti-viruses, firewalls, etc. But the
problem still remains: there is a limit that stop us from using cygwin
to accomplish more or less critical things like recompiling some
programs.

Regards,

--
Luc Hermitte